Friday, July 8, 2011

TV Series' That Rock


Declaration: Yup! I am starting with a declaration! The below list is my list – MY LIST! So if you don’t like it, well, I could not care less. Cos’ these are the ones I like. A’ght? Here we go!

Below are the ones that I CANNOT get enough of. According to me…

THE TOP FIVE TV SERIES’ ARE:

1. Scrubs

The Plot: The life of interns at Sacred Heart Hospital as seen through the eyes of one of them – John "J.D" Dorian.

The Pros: Has something for everyone – comedy, tragedy, drama, etc. etc... Characters are very real and extremely funny.

The Cons: 8 seasons of superb fun just screws up at the 9th season. They call it Scrubs – Med School. I call it foolishness.

Rating: You will not regret watching this. Please, for chrissake, do not watch the 9th season.

My Fav’ Character: The Janitor [Played by Neil Flynn]

For more info click here


2. Dexter

The Plot: The blood splatter analyst at Miami P.D. is a serial killer of criminals who “jump through the loopholes in the law”.

The Pros: There is never a moment in all 5 seasons that will not make you sit at the edge of your seat. Each season has one serial killer waiting to be caught by Dexter! :)

The Cons: A lot of blood. A LOT! So if you are too queasy, this is definitely not for you.

Rating: A must-watch. Period.

My Fav’ Character: Dexter Morgan [Played by Michael C. Hall]

For more info click here


3. The Big Bang Theory

The Plot: Four brilliant, but socially awkward scientists (read nerds) find out more about life from their new happy-go-lucky neighbor.

The Pros: A laugh riot throughout. All characters are brilliant in their respective roles.

The Cons: A lot of science stuff. Not for you if you hate physics. The laugh track is a little too loud and at times really irritating.

Rating: Not much in it for the mushy ones looking for some tears. All the tears you will get are from laughing too hard.

My Fav’ Character: Dr. Sheldon Cooper [Played by Jim Parsons]

For more info click here


4. How I Met Your Mother

The Plot: Architect, Ted Mosby, tells his kids the story of how he met their mother.

The Pros: Has a little in it for everyone. You will slowly start to love all the characters.

The Cons: Well, I can’t think of any, but still it is only at the 4th place on my list! Hmm… I wonder why???

Rating: It is like watching a different version of F.R.I.E.N.D.S. So you will love it. (Everyone loves F.R.I.E.N.D.S right???)

My Fav’ Character: Lily Aldrin [Played by Alyson Hannigan]

For more info click here


5. Supernatural

The Plot: Two brothers fighting against evil (ghosts, vampires, shapeshifters, etc…)

The Pros: Well directed with a tinge of humor, sarcasm, thrills, and action to keep you going. Season 5 ended on a really high note – It was awesome.

The Cons: This is definitely not for people who do not like horror movies. Pure fiction – You won’t feel any connection to the characters. Season 6 lacks the zing, but it is building up to something big – I can feel it.

Rating: I love it. But I give no guarantee that you will.

My Fav’ Character: Dean Winchester [Played by Jensen Ackles]

For more info click here


I could really go on and on as there are plenty more series that I love. But I will restrict this to a total of five. Below you can find more TV series that have managed to keep me awake night after night, biting my nails, waiting to see what happens in the next episode:

7. Chuck
9. Heroes

Smallville (saw all damn 10 seasons) and Weeds (saw only 3 seasons) were excluded because although they were very good at the start, they just got really boring later on.

F.R.I.E.N.D.S. was excluded because so much has been said and written about this and so it needs no rating. 

If you have not seen any of the above, you should. If you have seen something way cooler than these, please do mention them in the comments so that I can watch it too.

[All pictures used without permission from www.imdb.com ;) Thanks guys!]

Happy Series-Watching!!! :)

8 comments:

  1. I like 'How I met your mother' but 'Supernatural' is awesome. Great picks though:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup! Both r good... Thank you Saru... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'm not made for watching long and 'never-ending' series, but your top 3 at least is quite tempting so I might give them a try at some point if and when time permits. I quit Prison Break after season 2 and Heroes after 1, just so you know. I'd rather read a solid comic-book series (especially the ones that bear the stamp 'for mature readers') than watch something like Supernatural simply because they're so much more fun and come unadulterated.

    I try to cherry pick the short series and from those I've watched I'd recommend you try Deadwood and Firefly, and the European miniseries The Best of Youth and Carlos, also Decalogue (I haven't yet watched it but it has such a reputation and is in my must watch list).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Thanks a lot... I am on it... Gonna start very soon... I am pretty sure you would like dexter though... Do give it a shot... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dropping by to say I forgot to mention the series The Walking Dead...and I've almost got Dexter season 1...will start soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jim Parsons is like my new comedy god. Dude that guy is just amazing! He's taken comedy to a whole new level. And that's one of the main reasons why I like The Big Bang Theory- the comedy is very very different. It's not everyday stuff. They took something like science and made a comedy series out of it!! I was wary of watching it first because I HATE science, but now I'm hooked. And in many ways, I can totally identify with Sheldon's neurotic, control-freak character.
    How I Met Your Mother is good.. I'm just warming up to it.
    But I will always remain loyal to F.R.I.E.N.D.S. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Ahimaaz: Will check tat out...
    @Spaceman Spiff: Totally agree with u :)
    @Travelling Times: I have seen bits and pieces... Hilarious :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...