Thursday, August 18, 2011

The Cool New Freedom Struggle


You are probably wondering why all your Indian friends who posted only about their new-born calves in Farmville, are suddenly saying things like “Anna Hazare”, “Jan Lokpal”, “Freedom”, etc.. Do not be alarmed. We did get our Independence in 1947. If you are planning to travel to India, please do, because it is still peaceful and beautiful as ever (and we need the money you tourists bring, too! Hehe!!!). This is all about putting an end to the extremely corrupt state of our motherland. One man, Anna Hazare, started it. But thanks to the cool new style of freedom struggle, not only things are peaceful, but it is spreading like wildfire. We are people from the land of Mahatma Gandhi and we believe in peaceful revolution.

Alright, now a lot has been said and read about this new struggle for freedom from ourselves. So I am not going to bore you with more patriotic speeches. But my friend, Cju, believes that I should blog about this. There is really nothing to say except that - the youngsters of today have proved that they did not forget their own motherland despite getting highly westernized.

To those who do not believe that this revolution is good, please keep your views to yourself. I am not here to discuss that. Instead I am here to say that I whole-heartedly support the movement.

Hmmm... Looks like I do have a few things to say. But I would rather put it sarcastically than write full length lectures. Please do remember that this is not to hurt the patriotic sentiments of any fellow Indians. This is just my way of showing support (and my best friends say, sarcasm comes naturally to me! Lol!).

5 Things to Strengthen the Lokpal Struggle:

1. Where are our movie stars?

What I say – Things will really boil over if our famous and adored movie stars took to the streets in support of our struggle. Rajnikanth ji andAmitabh ji – where are you when we need you?

What I really wanna say – It would be really interesting to see what size Kareena becomes if she decides to fast for the cause. Size -1???

2. Where are our cricketers?

What I say – Yeah, I know – They are in England! Guys, we got freedom from them long back, remember? It is world-renowned that our cricketers enjoy the status of demigods here! (Except for Sachin – who is believed to be god himself!). So if these cricketers decide to atleast wear black armbands in support of our struggle back home, we will be really grateful.

What I really wanna say – Anyways we are losing the matches repeatedly. Why don’t you boycott the last match to show your support and save yourself from some embarrassment too?

3. Where are our billionaires?

What I say – I know, most of them are in Jail (ironically with Anna Hazare) facing charges for corruption. But if the Tatas, Ambanis, Mahindras, and the million other entrepreneurs who are looked up to by the youngsters decide to take a stand, we would certainly benefit.

What I really wanna say – Makes me think! Is the JanLokpal Bill really beneficial for you lot? Or is it going to make things worse? I mean, doing things legally should be pretty tough for you guys. Isn’t it?

4. Where are our senior citizens?

What I say – All I see are youngsters working day and night to make this a success. Where are the old people? Why isn’t Anna (who is 74) a role model for you people? Or is it that you do not want us to enjoy what you could not?

What I really wanna say – Heart attacks are out of fashion now. Get out of that couch and spill onto the streets. Atleast it is healthy.

5. Where are the real people?

What I say – Real people are missing. Everyone is so active online, but very few on the streets. It is really nice that people are doing their bit online. But if you can do something, atleast on weekends, please do. I promise to. Can you too?

What I really wanna say – I have seen all kinds of smart-ass posts on your Facebook wall. Enough, I say! Now step out and show what you can do.

So, like I said – This is not intended to hurt anybody (except for the people against or indifferent to the movement). But if it did, I apologize before you are going to post that as a comment below. I am not here for a debate. I am just here to say – Enough with the corruption! We need a new India!

Jai IAC! Jai Anna Hazare! Jai Jan Lokpal!

Jai Hind!

7 comments:

  1. Good u posted that last para (which is definitely intended to people like me) :p

    On a serious note, I agree with u and have been myself thinking, where are film star and businessmen? There are very few business men who have actually spoke about this....

    But I disagree with your mention that senior citizens and real people (numbers) arent there...Over past two days, I have been watching TV and times now has shown numerous old people who are on the streets, some fasting despite heart conditions... And regarding number of people, did you know that in Bangalore city alone yesterday 87,000 people protested??! But yes, definitely 87K is nothing compared to 1 billion population... so we can do better with some more...

    On the whole a superb read... keep writing bro... We enjoy your articles...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot bro... I know people are turning up... But lik u said, it is nothin compared to our whole population... Let's hope sumthin gud comes outta this...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is it !! Glad you did it. Let the democracy do its magic now !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. U made me do it... :) Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stoppin by... Good job bro... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Corruption free India is an Utopian dream. Better we wake up from that dream and go ahead with bribes. we get what we need.

    lakshyam margathe sadookarikkum :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha!!! I am sure lot many people would agree with you... Cheers!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...